Anonymous Data Collection
As a matter of principle, you can use Aesculap, Inc. - a B. Braun company’s website (“Site”) without informing us who you are. We are informed only of the name of your Internet service provider, the data transmitted to us by your browser and the pages that you visit in our domains. For these purposes, we use the program Adobe Analytics. The information collected by this program is only obtained for statistical purposes. As an individual user you remain anonymous.
We have concluded a contract with Adobe for the contract data processing and implement the strict stipulations of the German data protection authorities in full when using Adobe Analytics.
What exactly are cookies?
Are cookies bad?
There is no absolute answer to this question. It depends which website data the cookies store or don't store and for what this information is ultimately used. You can think of cookies as a tool, for example a hammer or saw. In principle they are intended to be helpful, but they can also be put to negative use. Therefore it is worth differentiating and deciding which cookies are necessary and important for you personally, and which should not be saved. You should then adjust the cookie settings on your end device accordingly.
What are cookies actually needed for?
Cookies are supposed to make the user's visit to a website easier and more user-friendly. For example, with online shopping they allow the website to "remember" which products you had in your basket when you call up the page again, or they ensure your preferred layout and font size are automatically displayed. However, not all cookies are useful and exclusively for the benefit of the user. For example, tracking cookies are used to monitor your behavior on websites and to place advertising accordingly, or to make websites more user-friendly. It is therefore important to think about which cookies you should allow and which you should refuse. To make this decision, it is helpful to know what types of cookie there are.
What types of cookie are there?
- Functional cookies are cookies that are absolutely necessary for essential functions of the website to work. Without these the website cannot be used as intended. Among other things, they ensure provision of the correct functionality when a page is changed from http to https and therefore that increased security requirements are met. These cookies collect anonymized information (no link to your identity can therefore be made) and they cannot monitor your movements on other websites. They are only stored for the duration of the session and therefore belong to the session cookies category. Your consent to the use of these cookies is not required.
- First-party cookies are, according to the legal definition, cookies that are not absolutely necessary for the use of a website. They do, however, perform important tasks that improve your browsing experience. For example, these cookies ensure that your chosen settings, such as language selection, are saved. The information they contain are only of use for the particular website.
- Performance cookies are cookies that collect information about the way a website is used by the visitor, namely, which page a user calls up most often and whether error messages are displayed. These cookies do not store any other information. They are used simply to increase user-friendliness and to tailor websites more specifically to the individual user. This information is also stored only in anonymized form.
- If third-party content is integrated in a website, the third-party provider can apply cookies even when you are not directly using its website. These cookies are called third-party cookies. These cookies can be used by the third party to store information about you as a user and to identify you when you visit its own website, in order to present you with a website tailored to you. This is possible for example if a YouTube video is embedded in a website.
- If cookies are used for marketing purposes, these are called marketing cookies. They are used to present the user with advertising that is relevant and tailored to him or her. They are also used to determine how often an advert appears and the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Where can I define my cookie settings?
Which cookies are on the B. Braun websites?
|cookiesConfirmed||Records that the user has closed the cookie disclaimer. This confirms that the user has acknowledged the notice about cookies.||Performance Cookie|
|contentprotection||Records whether a website visitor has logged into DocCheck. DocCheck is an authentication service used to make certain information under the German Law on Advertising in the Health Care Sector accessible only to specialist medical personnel. If a user is logged into DocCheck, they can view all information on the website which is protected by DocCheck.||Functional Cookie|
Collection, Processing and Transmission of Personal Data
Personal data is only collected when you submit the data yourself, as, for example, in an inquiry form on the website. Your personal data will not be transmitted to any third party unless you explicitly indicate that this is your wish.
Consent and Limited Use
The submission of personal or business data (including e-mail addresses, names and addresses) is done on an explicitly voluntary basis. In submitting such data you indicate your consent that such data will be collected, processed or used for the purpose of making contact with you, responding to your requests for information, or for other purposes indicated by you, as well as for the protection of our own legitimate business interests.
Other Third Party Sites
We understand the need to protect children's privacy online (we define "children" as minors younger than 13). We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children. We do not knowingly allow children to register with us, communicate with us, or to use any of our online services.
Governing Law and Data Storage
Transfer of Information
In the event Aesculap, Inc. or one of its divisions is ever sold to or acquired by another company, Aesculap, Inc. reserves the right to transfer ownership of the customer information to the acquiring company.
2. The Site is intended to provide general information about Aesculap, its products and services. Any information contained on the Site is not meant to replace the information contained on the product labeling or, if you are a patient, to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own health care provider. While Aesculap uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, the Site is not meant to provide specialist advice concerning the products or services of Aesculap. Aesculap makes no warranties or representations as to the Site’s accuracy. Aesculap disclaims all liability and responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site.
3. Your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. Neither Aesculap or any other party involved in creating, producing, or developing the Site will be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Aesculap also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text or images or your viewing of any video or audio from the Site.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise through electronic forms included on this Site, including any non-personal data, questions, comments, suggestions, requests or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used without restriction by Aesculap or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Aesculap is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
7. Any links or pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties that are provided in this Site are for convenience purposes only. Aesculap has not reviewed all of the third party sites linked to this Site, and any information, products, services or claims on these third party sites are not operated or controlled in any respect by Aesculap Such third party sites are provided "as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and the linking to off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
8. By using this Site, you agree not to disrupt or intercept our electronic information posted on this Site or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of the Site, and to abide by all applicable local, state, federal and international laws, rules and regulations.